Re: RC: Just what is LD competition?

I think this discussion has come a full circle (again). There must be a top
ten if the ride uses the AERC BC sheet so the BC will count towards the AERC
LD awards that LD riders fought so hard for. The loudest voice won.
Several years ago we had this same arguement in OCER. The majority won. A
point system was instituted for LD riders just like the endurance riders.
Many still don't like it, and feel it's contrary to our principles. Managers
still give the "this is not a race" speech before the rides. The sky hasn't
fallen (at least not yet). We are a rather small group, but we haven't had
any more people join who "race" 25's than we did before. The speed demons
are that way when there is no prize, and the others don't do it no matter
what the prize.

Nancy Mitts