Re: RC: Lynne Glazer - Malibu LD BC

It's amazing how completely one can be understood in print.  Hey,
y'all out there, tell me if you drew the same conclusions that she
did about my post.  I've sure received a ton of positive mail in
private.

I am *all in favor* of LD BC, and feel that the WHOLE FIELD should be
considered in deciding who gets the award.  AERC feels differently
and the RULES say that only the top ten may be considered if the ride
manager wants the winner to have their points counted and be included
in the EN listing.

AERC favors racing for top ten on LDs, since that is the only way to
be considered for BC.  I'm against that.  Don't think I can say it
any clearer.

3 years of managing the Norco Riverdance ride and awarding BC to 5
places the last two, and in all years considering the whole field.
That is a track record, I'd say, about my LD attitude.

Please re-read my post.  I was not in any way denigrating the fact
that you were doing LD rather than endurance.  I'm pretty sure I was
advocating LD, and that people have their own reasons for doing LD
that may mean that they never move on to the longer distances.

My mare has 320 miles of LD, matter of fact.  More LD miles than
endurance miles, though we've pulled a lot on 50s, only once on LD.
I'm the type of rider that pulls at the hint of trouble, and so far,
that has served us well.

Lynne