Lynn Glazer - Malibu LD BC

Dear Lynn:

I'm not sure what you are getting at.  I did not top 10.  Is that why my
horse doesn't deserve Best Condition at the Hog Wild?  The vet determined he
should receive the award, not the Ride Manager.  The vet made his decision
based on his scores during all the vet checks.  To me it makes sense that
best condition means best condition.  Before anyone gets excited, I know
there are a lot of great horses out there that can come in first place AND
be in best condition.  In this case, my husband who was camp observed the
front runners come in.  Also,  just because this was my horse's 2nd ride,
doesn't mean it was my second ride.  I am aware that in the 50 mile rides
best condition must be in the top ten.  The whole point of my reply was to
encourage people to slow down a little, especially on the LD rides.  My
husband, a nonrider, thinks that endurance is cruel.  That's because he
stays in camp and has to see the horses being treated.  He also sees how
some horses come in, looking like something a cat hawked up.  We all know
that most riders take of their horses.  The last thing they want is
metabolic or lameness problems.  My husband sees a different side of this
sport sitting in camp waiting for me.  When I bring my horse in, I want the
horse to look like he can do another loop, another 25 miles, whatever.