Re: Re: Simple question, maybe not so simple answer.

> Really agree with what Sue said about dressage work.  We do that
regularly,
> particularly
> with our young horses.
>
> Note that it's useful to make a distinction between training, teaching a
> horse skills,
> and conditioning, building up a horses body and cardiovascular system.
For
> the latter,
> I believe that many of riders do too much conditioning and do not give our

Not to turn this into a mutual admiration society <g>, but I agree
wholeheartedly with Stagg.  The more data we're collecting from endurance
horses is suggesting more and more that overconditoned horses that start a
ride worn down and stressed are at much higher risk of biomechanical or
metabolic breakdown of some sort.

Susan G