Re: RC: Malibu Ride/Racing

In a message dated Tue, 19 Jun 2001  8:37:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time, guest@endurance.net writes:

<< Kathy Lynn Mayeda kathy_mayeda@atce.com
Whether you call it a "ride" or "race" is a different issue.  I would like
to see good sportsmanlike conduct in either case.  Even if this was a
"race", I would like to see this rider disqualified for creating a
dangerous situation with negative consequences for everyone involved.>>

Bingo, Kathy.  The nomenclature doesn't have a thing to do with it.  Heck, on the racetrack, such things as bumping, hitting, or in any way interfering with another horse are grounds for disqualification.  And if stewards think the actions are deliberate, jockeys can be ruled off for their offenses as well.

Heidi