Fwd: RC: MALIBU RIDE AND TRAIL INCIDENT

Ride Campers: American Endurance RIDE Conference means RIDE. TO FINISH IS TO
WIN. In the AERC NEWS the past couple of months has been an ad for the AERC
National Championship. I have found this AD disturbing because it says now
is your chance to RACE! I believe that word should be changed to PACE. There
is another place where RACE is also used and should also be replaced with
PACE. "TO FINISH IS TO WIN" needs to be prominently stated in that ad also.
When this type of message is sent out, where will it lead to next? I hope it
won't be another Cattoose!
Juniors learn bad behavior from Senior riders who are inconsiderate of other
Trail users. While Riding in a public park a biker came up behind us very
suddenly and spooked my horse. The Biker stopped and I had a chance to
converse with him. I told him he should have alerted me he was coming. He
said he was going to when he got to us! I told him he needed to alert us
when he was far behind us so I would have the chance to turn my horse around
so he could see him. Then my horse would not be afraid. He apologized and
was on his way. Some days later I saw the same Biker with a group of other
Bikers. He was educating them about giving Notice they were back there and
all proceeded slowly when they passed me. Communication and courtesy works.
Even contagious!
Several years ago I was at an Endurance Ride where most of the ribbons from
one loop were removed and all were then hung on one tree! Ride Management is
confronted with so many problems they don't need reckless Riders. We are
getting shut out of too many places. Bye Hope