RE: RC: Bad Boy Genetics

In a message dated Wed, 13 Jun 2001  3:19:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Kathy Mayeda" <Kathy_Mayeda@atce.com> writes:

<<
Hopefully, with the increasing trend towards sport-horse we will be seeing more Arabs bred for disposition and conformational
correctness. If I were a betting woman (NOT!) I would bet that we will end up seeing an Arab that looks more like a Trahkehner
than the good old Bedouin model>>

Well, let's hope not...  :-)  If it's any consolation, one of our stallions that my husband rides endurance made his one and only appearance in the show ring at age 18 in a Sport Horse In Hand class.  He is very UN-Trahkener-like and pretty classic Arabian.  He was named Reserve Champion stallion in some pretty stiff competition, and was tied for high score with the champion--who had gotten the high-scoring ride in dressage the same day, which may have influenced the judge somewhat in the tie-breaker... :-)

Heidi