No Subject

  BRRRR....COOLD.....Snowing.......better then burning is what we all say to each other!   Need the moisture..yep....but rain would sure do!  The weather gods have assured me that it will NOT be snowing on June 30th, the day of the Valley Fire ride.I can't believe everything has gone as smoothly as it has up to this point (knock on wood!)...The 50 mile ride is one fifty mile loop. Climbs gradually out of the BEAUTIFUL camp in the giant mountain meadow....up to the south side of the valley...which it traverses going west for 15 miles then gradually drops down to the valley floor and the first check (20) miles.  The views of the north side of the Valley are spectacular...you can see the entire burn area... 35,000 acres...Then it climbs up to the north side of the valley and
traverses it going  east for 12 miles then drops back down to a big meadow and the 35 mile check. Then it's 15 miles of beautiful little two track paralleling the nine mile river...back to camp.

If the Tevis is rated 10 for difficulty...this is a 3.  There are four vets...Three with LOTS of experience...one newby ...Do not be scared if you are crewless...There will be trucks transporting gear to the checks...There will be tons of water and grass on the trail.

The footing will depend allot on the amount of moisture we receive between now and then...Some of the little roads have become quite a lot bigger since all the fire traffic last year and can be pretty hard packed when dry...but the shoulders are soft.

If you are coming from the west...Take I-90...You will see on the map a little town called Alberton Montana...stay on I-90 about 10 miles past Alberton and take the Nine Mile Exit...(Alberton is in the far west central part of Montana) Then just follow the signs and ribbons...If you are coming from the East...Stay on I-90 past Missoula about 30miles to the Nine Mile Exit.  DO NOT TAKE THE HUSON EXIT!

My phone number is 406-626-1702...Now I have to go put on my snow boots and go feed the ponies!!!