Re: RC: RE: Bill, Ti, Cliff/ Bet--arbiter

In a message dated 6/12/01 1:23:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bobmorris@rmci.net writes:

> Some endurance riders of note
>  would like to see supporting evidence that these rides actually took place
>  and the results were as claimed. Not all that much to ask.

For a bet of a thousand bucks, you're damn right.  It's the minimum to ask.

When I was young, 19 or so, I joined a Carnival.  We traveled, one of the
guys I worked with was mid 30's, and he couldn't read.  I read him part of
the Sunday paper, but he never got past the comic section.  I think he loved
Peanuts.

And I learned something about the CARNeys during my month (it was all I could
last) tenure with the carnival.  I learned they did not give up the bucks
when you called them on their game.  And, it was always a fixed one.

I'm not saying Tom's a Carney, or anything, but I do see quite a similarity
between the two.  "HEY RUBE."

cya,
Howard