San Diego County, CA seek info on horse conditions

If I were to relocate from San Mateo County, CA (south of SF) to San Diego
would I be happy?  Potential job is near the junction of I5 / 805.

Is there horse property and decent riding within 30 miles of I5/805?  If
yes, what areas should I study?   What will I love?  What will I hate?  I
have learned that the Anza Borrego Desert State Park is 80 miles east of San
Deigo - it sounds fascinating.  Who rides there?  Tell me some stories!

Land is pricey in the SF Bay Area so it is unlikely that I will be stunned
by $.  I have been told that I can buy more with less down south.  Got
examples?  Connections for info?

Please reply privately so not to bore the list.

Thanks!
Tina Rushing  tinarushing@coastside.net
El Granada, CA