XP, Monday

Karen imgoneriding@worldnet.att.net
Hello!  This will probably be the last you'll hear of me for another week, then I'll send everything I have saved up between now and then.  Unless I get a good cell phone connection, but we all seem to be having problems here. Sometimes it works great one minute, then 5 minutes later in the same place we can't get a signal at all.  All my photos from the first week have been posted, some kept causing my computer to crash (the photo sets), so they got emailed and hopefully the nice folks at Easycare will get them up sometime this week for everybody to see.  :+)

It's 95 degrees here now, and about 75% humidity.  Last night when we went to bed it was 86% humidity and 84.4 degrees.  They said the heat index was 170.  It is supposed to cool off later this week, but remain hot for the next day or two.  It normally isn't this hot here this time of year (yeah, and they said it doesn't rain that much in St. Joseph this time of year either).  The horses are working up a sweat just swatting flies (seriously).  We've had a nice couple of days off, and we start again tomorrow (Tuesday) morning.

We have some really good hay here, an extra 18 bales but I can't get a single person in Oak, NE to answer their cell phones to see if they want it <G>.  We got 9 bales up on our trailer this morning (while it was still cool, ha ha).

I'll try and send updates about everybody the best I can.  Trilby rode all 5....some people I know that rode all 5 days, Trilby, Jim and Jamie Mitchell, Carol (from OR), Pat Verhuel, Dave Rabe, Bonnie Way, Dorothy Sue, Jas.....most people are alternating horses but I know Carol rode the same horse all week, and so did Jamie Mitchell.  Two other juniors who rode all 5 days alternating horses were Troy and Kayla. The kids are having a great time.  A lot of people took a day or two off, or just rode half days.  More will probably do that this week if it stays this hot.

btw, you guys knew that I kept adding an 'r' to the word hose? <g>....ignore my typos, I'm sure they'll get worse in the coming weeks!

Happy XP Trails,

Karen
.currently in Nebraska, 10 miles from Hastings

P.S. Wal Mart is sold out of all their sun showers, hmmm wonder why?

www.endurohorse.com