Re: RC: non-member fees

In a message dated 6/9/2001 9:01:58 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jsalas@tampabay.rr.com writes:

I am simply stating that the $10 non-member fee should not be the
responsibility of RM to collect. Why can't it be a little easier for them??
Just a little??

    This is still not a big deal here.  We charge a $10. fee for a
non-member or what is called a Temporary Membership fee.  This is required
due to coverage with insurance and RM's sure want that covered at the time of
the ride.  Even if it's double dipping.
    As for the process it's easy.  You have the non-membership fee on the
applacation, you charge the $10. fee and you pass this on to the AERC.
What's the big deal here?  If someone is not a current member after turning
in your paper work, you bill your non-member the $10. and pass that check to
the AERC.  Maybe just 1 or 2 might slip through out of 80 riders.  This is
all way after the ride has been completed.

Tammy Robinson
Trail-Rite Ranch & Products
661/513-9169 or 661/713-3912