Follow-up, overstress injury,

<<<I don't see a suspensory pull or tear, IMHO, as he's not showing lameness per se and it's all four legs. I think it's a strain.... but I will know more tomorrow a.m. I have to leave the house at 7 a.m. Friday morning to return to the camp, and would VERY much appreciate any comments about severity of this swelling, treatment, resumption of training and time of healing. >>>>

For all of you who so kindly responded, I took Faro into the vet on Friday. After hearing the history, palpating the legs, etc, etc, the vet recommended that I take a deep breath, load him back in the trailer and go home. The report is that he's got windpuffs (EEK, never had a windpuff before, but hey, I know they're not uncommon in athletic horses.) and residual soreness from a ride what ended up being much tougher than we planned. I'm to use liniment and resume light training right away. I asked about ultrasounds more than once and he said he just couldn't take my money for that when he saw no evidence of suspensory ligament involvement. It was worth the cost of the call for my peace of mind. By the way, this is a very experienced vet, who's had both private practice, race horse practice and was a professor at the U. of Oregon vet school for 10 years, returning last year to private practice.

So, panicky mom is relaxing a bit and investing in Bigeloil.

Thanks again to all.

Terry