Re: Preride electrolyte question

At 07:45 AM 6/8/01 -0600, Susan Garlinghouse wrote:
>> since the horse wasn't exercising and sweating a lot at that time, the
>> "balanced" electrolytes didn't need to be given until ride day.
>>
>> Does anyone follow this regime?  Any thoughts on this strategy?
>>

>Maybe, but why make life even more difficult by adding in yet another bucket
>to be dragged along to a ride?  The differences are negligible.
>
>Susan G

I didn't imagine another bucket being involved...I think the idea was to
give plain salt at home a couple of days or so before leaving and then
switch to the balanced electrolytes once on the road.  I haven't tried it
myself...but did wonder if it was presented as a theory or did anybody
actually follow this plan.

And in all honesty, I haul so much stuff to rides already that I would
hardly notice another bucket!! <g>  Up until now, I've been setting up
tents and cabanas *but* just bought a used motorhome (it was an incredible
deal) so going to the rides will be getting a whole lot easier -- so maybe
an extra bucket would now be noticed!! ;-)

Sue