carbonates/rocks in elytes?

OK stomp on me if I'm wrong,  but when I discovered endurance net and
FAQ section a few (least it seems like only a few) years ago, there was
this great discussion on e-lytes and the experts were warning endurance
riders not to buy electrolytes with calcium and/or magnesium in water
insoluable forms.  Limestone (calcium carbonate) was considered one of
the insoluble forms.  I dont think any of todays commercial endurance
e-lyte formulas use carbonates as ca or mag sources, they tend have the
calcium as a chloride salt, or calcim citrate which are supposed to
dissolve and be absorbed better, or they get really fancy and they are
chelated with amino acids (whatever that really means.) n

SO whats UP?  Susan is the horsey tummy (excuse the layman term) acid
enough that the carbonates are dissolved just fine? and fairly quickly
absorbed into the bloodstream, or they do take a few hours to dissolve,
but pre-loading and giving often enough takes care of this? Or all these
horses on homemade e-lytes just getting enough CA and Mag in their ride
food that they don't need it in their elytes or what?

Teresa (today call me confused)