Re: RC: AERC nonmember fee idea/Board?

guest@endurance.net writes:

It occurs to me that the nonmember fee charged by AERC
is becoming a burden to rides early in the season.  (The
Osceola ride was sent a bill for $70. for nonmembers at the end
of March for mid Jan ride.

Ride managers can contact the AERC office and double check on whether the
riders listed are current members.  I've done this before, and if a rider who
claims to be a member is not current, I simply make a notation on the
registration list that the rider owes $10 when he or she checks in. I am
rarely caught having to pay the bill for non-current members.  If I have
missed one or two, I call them and insist they pay up.  I won't pay for their
negligence.

Barbara
West Region director
Chair, Rules Committee