Electrolyting for Endurance Competition

> I find that taking one syringe and one baggie with dry electrolytes
works
> quite well

I've tried that too.  I just took a film canister full of electrolytes
with the lid on it, and an empty syringe.  If necessary I used water from
my waterbottle. Once I was trying to pour dry electrolytes into the
syringe at a trot (since I was traveling with a group and knew they
wouldn't stop for me to electrolyte) and was doing OK till this psycho
chick came flopping along at a gallop and blew by me on a narrow trail.
That was exciting.  I can now say I have loaded a syringe at a dead
gallop through the woods with my sponge dragging...but don't recommend
it.  For me what works best is to mix all my syringes the night before
the ride.  As I head out on a loop I just put a syringe with the
electrolytes already mixed up with applesauce or yogurt nose down into a
baggie, then stand the whole thing up (nose down) in my fanny pack.  It
rides surprisingly well there and I can dose him in just a second.  I
like yogurt or applesauce better because they seem to shoot farther into
the mouth than water and far less comes back out.  There's a little
leakage in the pack but it's inside the baggie and there's no mess.

Angie
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.