New Duramax Diesel

I have also driven the new Duramax automatic with an Allison
transmission - nice truck, quiet, powerful, wonderful styling - however,
the price is up there - the dealer in California told me that they would
only negotiate a few hundred dollars - it is a hot item so they don't
have to deal too much.

However, I was at the Western States Horse Expo this weekend and talked
to several men that said that there is a problem with the diesel matched
up to the Allison transmission and the PCRA guys as well as others are
having trouble with them.

Do some research before you buy - I found the same thing, Dodge is about
$5,000 less than a comparable Chevy right now.  I would wait a year or
two till they get the bugs worked out.  One of the bugs is the pull-out
mirrors - really ugly on such a nice looking truck - they saved the
fancy mirrors to doll them up but are not practical if you are pulling a
big trailer.

DO RESEARCH!!!  THEN BUY!!!

Jan Jeffers