Lopsidedness

Beth is also correct that some horses are born somewhat less
than perfect.  Horses are naturally left or right handed meaning
they have a favorite (usually stronger ) lead.
Alot of conformational reasons...

The old term "handiness" used to apply to horses which could use both
leads equally well,  naturally.

Horses are truly amazing tho...crooked or not.
 I had a Morgan/ Arab cross who was back at the knees who could trot frever
 at 18 MPH, lived to be 24 and clean clean legs.
And I've had pretty perfectly conformed horses who were so UN -athletic it was a cryin shame.
The old saying " pretty is as pretty does" is quite true!.

Barb