Lopsidedness

Title: Lopsidedness

You still have to be careful here – the rider can appear to be sitting lopsided, but if the horse is lopsided the rider doesn’t really have a chance to be sitting straight anyway.  It’s the old chicken and the egg thing.  The horse may be lopsided because of a lopsided rider, but if the horse becomes lopsided, the rider will still be fighting to be sitting straight.  One winter I rode a lesson horse and had someone else ride my horse in order to overcome this issue.  Right now, Beau is back to being low on the left side and high on the right and my hip is suffering because of it.  So back to the checklist – feet, back, saddle, me.  I know for a fact his shoeing hasn’t been balanced for awhile so once that is corrected I will re-evaluate the other issues.

K.