Re: RC: No Trails No Sport!! the ugly can of worms is open in PA.

Deb, and Howard;   You know, I've been thinking about this. Pennsylvania of all places. Jeez, I have many many relatives there, and I have spent a lot of time in that state over the years. It's not like they have a shortage of green spaces, and a problem with over-development like here in California for Gods sake.  Many of my family live in the Erie area, and it is only a very short hop to be in the middle of the woods, in the Amish country, and in the farm lands.  I know Pennsylvania is depressed in many areas, and some folks are moving out. Hey my folks left that cold-ass town of Erie when my dad got recruited by aerospace in California.  He did not let the door hit him in the ass on the way out.  Pennsylvania is also known for the hellacious pollution they allowed in Lake Erie (don't eat a lot of fish there..your offspring will have birth defects) Don't I know it's true, my uncle is a fisherman (charter) there,  and his grand daughter had birth defects too.  And of course there is Three Mile Island.  My point being..do they have any rocket scientists running that place?  A lot of them left along with my dad! Ha Ha.  I am wondering if the sound of money would brighten up their beady little eyes?  I would suggest to you, along with doing the Paul Revere thing at night, that you go on the web to the American Horse Council site  , I think its  www.horsecouncil.org    I think that's it, otherwise just search for the council.  Then when you go to their site, look at Statistics on the bar on the left.  It will spew out all kinds of facts about how equestrians bring a cash flow into their area. You might print a copy of that and send it along with a letter to your elected officials in charge of fencing off the wild spaces.  As if they could catch you anyway, the idiots.  They may be concerned about more money leaving the state. Ha Ha my Cousin bought a house on acreage for $17,000 over there at the same time as I bought a house on a street for $117,000 here. The same size , the same year, but he got land with it.   That tells me something, about the economy they got going over there.    And be careful riding in October..personally I'd stay home, and avoid getting shot by hunters.   Beth