Re: RC: Joint Supplements

I have a STD mare, off the track for many years now, who was not sound until
I started using joint supplements.  The key, I found, for a horse that has
serious problems is to start on the loading dose (usually twice the
maintenance dose) and not reduce it.  I got fantastic results with this.  My
three choices (in this order) are: Vita-Flex's Flex Free, Select Nu-Flex
(not the Maximizer), and Equi-Flex (can't remember who makes it).  I usually
get either Equi-Flex or Nu-Flex because of the cost.  I can get Equi-Flex in
5lb tubs from American Livestock Supply for between $55 & $58 and there is
no FOB charge.  Nu-Flex costs around $45 for 5lbs (I can get it locally) but
the dose is a little larger so it costs about the same as the Equi-Flex.
Nu-Flex is very palatable and my horses love it.

Carolyn Burgess