treatment for arthiritic pain and inflamation

Shelley Straub sstraub@freemail.netonecom.net
Hi distance riders! Can anyone tell me if they have used any of the herbal pain/anti-inflammatories out there and if they worked for you. I have a 13 yr. old gelding that I can keep comfortable with joint supplements and MSM, but on his "bad" days and if I ride him more than a 4-5 miles he is quite sore. I use Bute occasionally but am worried about the side effects.

Has anyone used Bute-less,yucca,devil's claw or even Equi-
spirin?  I would appreciate any info you can pass on. (Adequan and Legend are kinda out of my price range and I just pleasure trail ride.)

Thanks in advance!

Shelley