Training a New Endurance Horse

>  Cavaletti work 2-3 times a week (never 2 days in a row)
> tremendously helps.> Cavaletti work strengthens the horses muscles (
particularly the > back> muscles).> Riding hills
> naturally force the horse to use their rear end.

You can combine these two exercises by coming down and riding my trail
which is all up and down and isn't cleared worth a darn. >g<  I once
bought a 1/2 App 1/2 TB for resale which was a nice horse, but when you
headed down a hill it was like riding a coaster wagon down one. He had
absolutely no brakes and acted as if he couldn't stop himself.  Sort of
like that horse from the Man from Snowy River who looks like he's running
all out on the flat with the scenery tilted up behind him. (Yeah, I know
that's not how they did that).  A couple of times he felt so out of whack
going down even a mild hill that I jumped off and checked his feet...just
sure he had something in one.  He eventually learned to bring his rear
end up under him and I sold him to a vet who made him into a really
successful dressage horse.

Angie
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.