Re: Memories

on Danas North Lite, winning a 100 years ago.

        Somewhere in my collection of articles is one on Danas North Lite (I think that's the horse)---he was being tested at the vet school in Manhattan, Kansas, to see what made him so special (for an 800-lb horse).  They were doing muscle biopsies, treadmill tests, blood work, etc. etc.  I recall they said one of the special things about him was his recovery time.
Claudia
Texas