Re: RC: Re: Sore Back

Hi Kathy
The problem with the  method of running your fingers down their backs to
test for pain is this: if the horse has been in pain for some period of
time, he will frequently "block" the pain--- meaning he has no feeling
to the touch yet is still has a back problem. There are pressure points
by the hip which the Chinese call "The Gates of Heaven" which will
unblock the nervous system of the horse and then you can test for
soreness. Michel Kaplan (used by many different Olympic teams) teaches a
course on his neurokinesiology, which I took. It has saved my horses
from much unnecessary pain. If he offers a clinic in your area, I'd go.
His techniques have a lot in common with the TTouch method which, if I
remember, you are very familiar with. Both are incredibly helpful.
Bette

--
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of 16.2hh TLA Halynov