Check it Out!
Fw: Important re Virus
- To: "Western States Trail Foundation" <email@example.com>, "Vicki Roseberry" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Sherri" <email@example.com>, "Shannon Weil" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Sarah Konst" <email@example.com>, "Roxanne Greene" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Roberta Jo Lieberman" <email@example.com>, "Rob Edwards" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "ridecamp" <email@example.com>, "Richard Goodwin" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Rho Jacoby" <email@example.com>, "Paul Yeagley" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Patty Norman" <email@example.com>, "Pat Jaffarian" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Pam Greer" <email@example.com>, "Naomi" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Nancy Elliot DVM" <email@example.com>, "Mo Livermore" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Merv & Judy Pyorre" <email@example.com>, "Martin Macken" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Marilyn Hunter" <email@example.com>, "Margretta DeVries" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Marc Van Zuuk" <email@example.com>, "Lois Mason" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Lisa Jordan" <email@example.com>, "Linda Sullivan" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Linda Romander" <email@example.com>, "Laurie Bernard" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Larry Suddjian" <email@example.com>, "Kristine Hartman" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Katie Talbot" <email@example.com>, "Karin & Pete Occhialini" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Karen Nelson" <email@example.com>, "Joe Larkin" <LarkinR@sutterhealth.org>, "Joe Larkin" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Joan" <email@example.com>, "Jill Dampier" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Jerry & Linda Owen" <email@example.com>, "Jayne Brooks-Trainor" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Janet Pucci" <email@example.com>, "Jane Stipovich" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Jan Bugge Keefer" <email@example.com>, "Gary Carlson DVM" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Connie Elliott" <email@example.com>, "Connie Berto" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Cindy Larkin" <email@example.com>, "Chuck Mather" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Chris & Ruth Catlin" <email@example.com>, "Cheryl & Jim Holbrook" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Brenda Ruedy" <email@example.com>, "Bill & Diana Pryor" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Barbara Edison" <email@example.com>, "Alison Spackman" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Fw: Important re Virus
- From: "Joan Dowis" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 22:34:04 -0700
- Reply-To: "Joan Dowis" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sorry to send this to "the world," but I received this message, checked,
and DID have this on my machine. I deleted it as instructed. I have
no clue whether or not this is a file I should have retained - I figure due
to the timing, I would send this on and let everyone act according to his or her
inclination, and I'll worry about it when I have more time.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 9:05 PM
I received this message
today. My hard drive checked out clean, but the
process was simple
enough that I thought it wouldn't hurt to send this along.
URGENT. A VIRUS could be in your computer files now,
dormant but will become
active on June 1. FOLLOW DIRECTIONS BELOW TO
CHECK IF YOU HAVE IT AND TO
REMOVE IT NOW!!!!
software can detect it. It will be come active on June 1, 2001. It
might be too late by then. It wipes out all files and folders on
drive. This virus travels thru E-mail and migrates to the
'C:\windows\command' folder. To find it and get rid of it off of your
computer, do the following.
Go to the "START" button.
"FIND" or "SEARCH"
Go to "FILES & FOLDERS'
Make sure the find box is
searching the "C:" drive.
Type in: SULFNBK.EXE
Go to "File" and delete it.
Close the find Dialog Box
Find the file and delete it from the Recycle bin.
The bad part is: If you find you have this virus, you
need to contact
everyone you have sent ANY e-mail to in the past few months.
companies have found this virus on their computers.
Please help your
DO NOT RELY ON YOUR ANTI-VIRUS
SOFTWARE, McAffee, DRr Soloman, AVAG, and
NORTON CANNOT DETECT IT BECAUSE IT
DOES NOT BECOME A VIRUS UNTIL JUNE 1ST.
WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT OPEN
Hope this helps you catch it!!
Check it Out!
Back to TOC