Conformation

Michelle, I would like to suggest a book called "Conformation and Performance" by Nancy S. Loving, DVM. It is an excellent book that gives at least 4 pictures per page, detailed descriptions of different conformation and how it effects the horses' performance. It also gives you a good idea of how some slight imperfections in conformation doesn't necessarily mean problems or poor performance, and how you have to look at the whole package. I keep this book and another one called "Equine Supplements and Nutraceuticals" by Eleanor M. Kellon, VMD open all the time for references. The second one is really handy when I have hay anylized and need to know if what is in there is what my horses need. Lisa Salas, The Odd FArm