Orthoflex for short backed horse?

Sonnie Hardy sonnieh@surry.net
I am considering buying a used Orthoflex Patriot.  The TWH mare I ride is extremely short backed.  I have read some comments that OF saddles do not work for short backed horses.  Could anyone give me some additonal comments on this?  Personal experiences?  I'll probably have to make a decision on this saddle by the end of the week.
Thank you.