Re: RC: WS50

In a message dated 5/28/01 7:49:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

Is there anyone on the list here planning to do the WS50 ride?  If so I just
got an email from Potato stating that the ride has been changed from July
14th to July 7th.  Has any one else heard that.

B. McCrary, west region sanctioning director here -- Potato's request for
ride change did not arrive until mid-May, 45 days before the event, while the
AERC rules state they must be in the office 90 days before the event.  The
ride has been sanctioned as a 50 miler on July 14th since back in October.
Recently, he's asked for a change to 55 miles and July 7th.  I regret to
inform you that I couldn't allow a resanction this late.  If he is going
ahead with July 7th, as he said he would, it is not a sanctioned ride.

Barbara