Re: RC: Orthoflex UK "CT" Swain Model - Question

I am used to an english saddle and the feel/fit is quite different. I am
contemplating trying a "CT" Swain. I understand these models are make in the
UK - not the USA - and am wondering - among other things - do these models
have the same panel system and if so, are they interchangeable? Is there
anyone out there that has experience - good or bad - they can share with me
on this particular model?

I don't own an Ortho-flex, but have tried them.  I am an english rider used
to a close contact ride and it is not possible to get that close contact
with any Ortho-flex, including the Swain.  The panel system puts you to far
away from the horse.  The original design was for a western saddle and was
modified to fit the english/dressage versions.

A better saddle if you are an english rider is the Reactor Panel.  It is a
similar system to the OF, but the Reactor Panel was designed from the ground
up for an english/dressage saddle.  I rode in on at one of the demos
recently and found that it (surprisingly) was fairly close contact.

Carolyn Burgess