Re: RC: Re: ridecamp-d Digest V01 #661

...and the GIST of Biltmore Ride Management is they are the BEST

Susan Kasemeyer

I would like to see this go away...I am tired of rehashing the spring
Biltmore...I would like to FORGET it..and I WILL vote with my feet
(hoofs) in the future.....however, I cannot let this pass.....this is
not a personal post against any one individual, but I am entitled to my
opinion:

"FLAME ON!"

THAT is a matter of opinion....and I RESPECTFULLY disagree...for THIS
Biltmore Ride.  I had no problem with the Vets....they did a great
job...for ALL riders.  However, I thought this was a "showcase" for the
FEI crap, and everybody else didn't matter. IMHO, a normally excellent
Ride Management was overwhelmed by having to meet the FEI
"requirements". The rest of us were just incidental..never mind that the
MAJORITY there were NOT FEI.  The FEI "people" (not the riders) were
trying to show the rest of us how "elite" they were. Fifteen dollar
meals? Non-FEI riders delegated to the North Forty?  If security was the
issue, why didn't you put the FEI riders down there? How about FEI at
one end and AERC at the other and leave the Vet Check open so we could
ALL at least park there for crewing. Fifty milers were treated as "Oh,
well, we gotta put somebody out there to write down times"....as
evidenced by the finish line fiasco among other things....and it wasn't
just MY placing that was wrong. Ask ANY of the top 4-10 Riders in the
50. I talked to and rode with most of them at Longstreet's Charge and
they were just annoyed as I was! Why was the finish line timer video
taping instead of writing down numbers as they came across the finish
line? Maybe practicing for the 100 milers? If Nancy Gooch or Sam Bartee
had been there that wouldn't have happened.  I've seen Nancy get it
right while bailing out into a creek to get out of the way! <grin>

I state again "I am vehemently opposed to any ride that runs under both
FEI and AERC rules". Why don't you "FEI People" just have "FEI Rides"?
Could it be that the attendance would be miniscule and you need the rest
of us for our $$$$$?

"FLAME OFF"

Jim and Sun of Dimanche