Re: RC: Re: Chris Paus and Max tragedy

In a message dated 5/24/01 8:54:32 PM EST, fasterhorses@gilanet.com writes:

<< Next time I use commercial transport I'm going to quiz the handlers before
 hiring them. >>

Definitely!  I guess I took it for granted the two times I shipped one of my
horses from California to Minnesota and back.  I just walked him up the ramp
and into the truck.  Didn't occur to me that they wouldn't let me do that.
They were really nice people.  The first company was called Pegasis and the
second was Midwest Equine Express.  I'd recommend them to anyone shipping
horses cross country.  What a terrible tragedy for Max and his owner(s).  BTW
WHO was the legal owner at the time of the accident?  That seems like it
could be a sticky situation if there ever was one!

Sylvia