saddles

On the subject of saddles.....there was the conversation last
week about the Boz so I won't go there but, I had a Frost Center
Ride that I got years ago....it was the most comfortable saddle
for me.  It fit my horse just great until she was in her 8th
year of endurance and her shape changed . ..high prominent
withers.  I ended up switching to a Lovitt-Rickett saddle out of
England.  It had an adjustable tree and adjustable stirup bars.
I love that saddle.  Unfortuately that company doesn't exist
anymore....I hear it is now the Arabian Saddle Company...but,
they no longer make the adjustable tree.  Never had a problem
with the tree faulting but, have heard others had so that type
is no longer made.  The only problem is more with the fact that
I'm a heavy weight rider and the stirup bars are carrying my
weight in such a specific area that I end up taking a 1 inch
felt pad and hollowing out by the stirup bars so I don't have
pressure points.  That works as I did the Shore to Shore and the
horse did all 5 days...5o miles a day without a sore back!!!!  (
We did that 2 years in a row!!!)

I had a sport saddle but, found the pommel didn't clear the
withers of most of our horses....the only ones it fit were my
husbands retired show app which had such a broad back.  The
endurance horses all showed pressure across the withers....I
liked it but, it sored the horses so I ended up selling it.

 My sister in law just got a Synergist and I sat in it and it
was wonderful even tho' she has a teeny weeny seat and I would
need a bigger one but, even that ...I found the saddle quite
comforatble and was able to get in balance on her horse with it
easily.

Anyone try the Specialized Saddle??? It has the adjustable
shims.....

Saddle shopping in the midwest.