Re: RC: saddles: OF Patriot & posting

Michelle,

I found the OF Patriot tends to have the stirrups
fairly far forward.  You are simply out of balance.
This was one reason I opted for the Express Lite
instead.  It rode more centered.  OF makers come from
the Western school of saddles & tend to place stirrups
further forward than I would like for a balanced seat.
 They have compromised with some models - Express
Lite, Endurance Cutback, & Stitchdown are three that I
know of for certain.

The idea of 1" leathers may help some...  It would be
worth a try to see if it would set you back enough.
I'm just afraid that they will slide around in the
slot instead.  Maybe if you wrap forward of the
leathers with some vet wrap to prevent them from
migrating?!

Linda Flemmer
Blue Wolf Ranch
Bruceton Mills, WV