Heavy trailers

Hi RC; I read with interest, one Ridecampers comment that the aluminum trailers wouldn't do well in the terrain that she travels, lots of brush and stuff hitting the trailer.  I have a G & F trailer, which seem to mostly be here in southern california. The manufacturer is in Ontario, CA.  If he was a more aggressive businessman, you'd probably see more of these trailers. We've had ours for about 10 years. It is very heavy and that is the one drawback that I tolerate.  Other than that, I love it.  It is built like a tank. I could smash into low hanging branches and they just break off. Of course the paint isn't lookin too good lately.  It is very roomy and ventilated inside, and the horses have no hesitation about getting into it. They arrive in calm shape, and lots of times, I have to pester them a lot to make them get out, they would just as soon stay in there.  I always feel that if I got into a wreck on the road,( rear ended most likely the way people drive around here), that the horses would be protected, and the trailer would fare well. I can't vouch for what would happen to someone who hit this trailer. Someday maybe we'll get another trailer, but the way this one is holding up, I may be stuck with it for another 20 years!   Beth