Re: Oat Hay????

>> I just found some very clean oat hay and gave some to the boys and they
seem to like out.  I don't know anything about the nutritional benefits of
oat hay.  If I fed that primarily, would I need to supplement with other
feeds?

Susan answered:

>For all intents and purposes, any of the cereal grain hays have a pretty
similar nutrient profile.  As long as the quality is good, it's fine.  If I
had a choice, I would still supplement with either some grass hay, or a bit
of the alfalfa/grass mix, as the calcium-phosphorus ratio in the grain hays
can be just a bit variable.  The cob and beet pulp as treats is fine, also.>

Susan, I usually feed 3 : 1 : 1 grass hay : oat hay : alfalfa.
I used to feed 3 : 2 : 1, but noticed that his Lordship became a little hot
to trot when I did that.  Is this just coincidence : Toc chooses to be a
dork at the same time as I feed the oat hay, or is there something to it?
I've been told it's "in my mind" (No, it's not : it's in the bruise on my
nether regions!)

Tracey