Stirrup suggestions for bad ankles and knees

Abby Aiyagari abby1@itsa.ucsf.edu
Hi!  I'm a longtime Ridecamp lurker, this is my first post.  I think I (finally) found a saddle to fit my Arab (Ansur Safari--
I'll let you know how it works out once I've had it a while), but now I need some new stirrups for me.  After riding in
regular English stirrup irons, my ankle hurts.  I also have bad knees, and while this hasn't been a problem for my riding
thus far, I'm sure as the distances get longer it'll become a problem (it's slowly making its way up my legs).  So I've been
looking at the Trail Tech, Cloud, and E-Z ride stirrups, also the Herm Sprenger jointed irons ($$$!).  I'm tired of buying
things and sending them back (I did it with about 10 saddles), so any comments would be helpful!

Thanks,
Abby (ouch!)
Cola (Don't put that thing on my back!!  Wait, this one MIGHT be OK...but are you sure you really need one of these?)
Ranjit (Are you sure you really need one of those?)