electrolytes and young adult riders

In order to save everyone reading time, I'm combining my replies :)
First, an electrolyte question...
I know to supplement them at a ride, about every hour if you are riding hard
or if it's humid.  Alpine seemed to do well in the cooler weather with
getting Lyte-now at the vet checks.  But what about training.  I'm here in
Florida (hot humid capital of the world) and he sweats a lot.  Should I be
supplementing during my rides???  Or can I just give loose salts/electrolytes
in his feed and not worry during his rides.  I'm not riding him too heavily,
one 8-10 mile ride, a couple of 4-5 mile rides per week, and then one
schooling day (light walk/trot work) in the ring.  That's all I plan on
riding him until fall, when I want to get him going for fall rides.

Now, onto young adult riders.  I'm 27, and still have to bum rides off
friends to get places (no truck/trailer).  I have to agree that it's a money
issue.  I would love to get to more rides, but have to budget pretty heavily
to get to any at all.  However, I think it's worth it, even if I do have to
work two jobs to support my "habits".

Juli and Alpine (I do NOT like electrolytes... they are icky)