RE: RC: young adults & Endurance

I have to agree...I'm 30 and have a 2 1/5 yr old and a 10 yr old.  Boy, was it tough to convince me to have that second baby!!  For the exact reasons addressed by Carolyn: no sooner did I get Alyssa grow enough to be able to get back to riding than I had Katie and now have to go back to 'idle' until she's a bit older....but we're trying!!  And to think, the husband actually asked to have a THIRD last year.  No thanks, I want to be able to enjoy my outdoor/horsey life before I'm too old to. (no offense to the over 30 crowd!).  I really do have a lifetime goal of riding the Tevis one day, and I really don't want to have to wait till I'm 50 to do it the first time!

Corrine

> ** Original Subject: RE: RC:  young adults & Endurance
> ** Original Sender: "Carolyn Burgess" <carolyn_burgess@hotmail.com>
> ** Original Date: 22 May 2001 19:08:48 -0000

> ** Original Message follows...

> I think I may have an answer as to why this sport seems to attract the 40+
> crowd.  This sport requires alot of time and energy.  If you are newly wed
> or have a young family, your attention and time may be focused toward them
> and don't have the time for this sport.  As you get older and your children
> become self sufficient, then you have the time.  I know that I wasn't able
> to get back into horses until I was in my early 30's.

Corrine Osborne
corrineosborne@email.com