Re: RC: Re: Auto vs. manual for towing

In a message dated Sun, 20 May 2001  3:26:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Howard4567@aol.com writes:

<< Heidi, your ex's don't count.  To drive a standard you must have two legs and
two arms, which none of these poor men have.  Rumor is you surgically removed
them, right after the honeymoon, so, it's no wonder they now have to drive an
automatic.>>

Well, actually, Howie dear, they came INTO my life driving automatics.  I should have read the handwriting on the wall right there--I should have run like all get-out when they showed up driving automatic pickups on the very first date!  And too bad I wasn't on ridecamp back then--your speculation regarding amputation might well have been appropriate, although in both cases, they needed one arm to run the remote control.  Other than that, I'm not sure either one would have missed the remaining appendages...  <G>  Lord knows they never figured out that legs could get one from the couch to the refrigerator during commercial breaks...

Heidi (whose hubby won her heart when he was able to team drive from Oregon to Kansas over the Continental Divide with her standard tranny and a big load of horses without turning a hair...)