mushroom hunters

Does anyone know anything about morel mushrooms??? WE have been invaded with over 500 mushroom hunters from all over the country who have set up tent cities on every square inch of the forest service lands...There are huge tents set up where the buyers pay the pickers 10$ per pound and haul the mushroom off in giant refrigerator trucks...does any one know how long this is going to last???I guess the mushrooms come up big time in the burnt areas...but I thought the window of opportunity for finding morels was very short.  I'm nervous because my ride is on the 30th of June and if all these people are still here...I don't know where I will have any out vet checks. THEY"RE EVERYWHERE!!!!! Any info on the growing season of morels would be greatly appreciated......