Re: RC: Auto vs. manual for towing

In a message dated 5/19/01 9:39:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
truman.prevatt@netsrq.com writes:

> Who said I can't drive a standard? Where do you see that in this message?
>
>  Truman

Of course Truman can drive a standard.  All men can drive a standard.  It's
you women, who usually cannot, and it's why a lot of the truck makers stopped
making them.  Women, the main group who ride, and therefore tow, horses
around, can't drive a standard, so the truck makers stopped making as many of
them as they used to.

At the next ride I'm attending, I plan on giving a free lesson on double
clutching, stick shifting, downshifting, and a quick discussion of curves and
hills, just for the ladies, who are unable to grasp this concept.  Like I
said, it is free, open to all.

It's my part to help with the energy conservation plan (now, that is funny)
of our illustrious leaders.  They need all the help they can get.

cya,
Howard (flame me, please.  My AC is broken, it's hotter than Hades down here,
so give me more)