PNER] MORE RIDE ENTRY TIPS

> This is getting funnier by the day.  Angie, eat your heart out.  We >
are really funny...

Hey, forget the ridemanager part, I used to create forms (in an
advertising dept. for a grocery store chain).  I'd LOVE to get my hands
on some of the people who do the graphics on these things.  Hello
people... WHY do you ask me how much my horse weighs???  You *know* I'm
guessing don't you?  Are you going to confirm it? Do we have a maximum
weight?  Do me a favor, get rid of the weight blank and ask me for my
medical insurance provider and number.  That might actually come in
handy.  Also, the Chicken Chase ride asked for my tag # and a description
of my rig.  Good idea.  I've been a ride manager wandering around camp
with a horse I'd caught at 3 AM, waking people up, asking, "Is number 32
yours?"

I went to one ride where tornadoes on the ground kept us from vetting in
Friday, then they decided to have the ride Saturday morning.  We just all
started and they said they'd do the paperwork later.  I asked if they
wanted me to sign a liability release (as I jumped on my horse).  They
handed me a sheet of paper and said I could sign it; everybody else had.
There was nothing on it except signatures. >g<  I had one friend who
wanted to enter the Alabama ride and didn't have an entry form.  He just
mailed a check and made up his own liability release.  It said, "If I get
hurt it's my own damn fault" and signed it. I think that should be the
official release on the AERC form. >g<

P.S.  One more tip.  Just mail the entry form to the person who is
usually manager, regardless of who is listed as manager this year.

Angie
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.