Fwd: RC: AERC President

In a message dated 1/11/01 11:02:14 AM Pacific Standard Time,
bobmorris@rmci.net writes:

You as an individual do not have an actual vote on this. The procedure is
for the new Board of Directors to elect the AERC President in their first
meeting as a Board. There is a lot of work to be done at that meeting. The
election is just one of the items of business.

The president is elected at the Saturday morning general membership meeting
when the directors are sworn in.  There is usually hardly anything else done
at that meeting because hardly anyone goes.  Last year and the year before,
there were less than 50 there.  I counted...

I know of only Jerry Furth as a candidate at this time. Are there any
others? Or will it be kept a big secret to surprise the membership with?

And just who is keeping the big secret from the membership??  I suppose that
Nasty Board is up to its old tricks again.  Come on Bob, usually I agree with
a lot of what you say but this is way out of line.  The reason we only know
about Jerry is because he is the only one admitting that he wants to run.

Randy announced to the board that he was no running so that people would step
up and announce their intentions.  Jerry is the only one who has so far.

Lighten up will you.

Maryben

---- Begin included message ----
Have any of you ever looked into the procedure of electing the President of
AERC. Well, the President of AERC, the person who sets policy, the person
who leads the organization in a particular direction is an elected Official
who represents all of you nationwide as well as Internationally.

Think of that! And then think of how this one individual, your leader, is
selected. Did you have any input? More so, did you attempt to make any input
as to the selection?

You as an individual do not have an actual vote on this. The procedure is
for the new Board of Directors to elect the AERC President in their first
meeting as a Board. There is a lot of work to be done at that meeting. The
election is just one of the items of business. How much thought is devoted
to this subject by the Board Members? You have no idea of what your Regional
Director or the aggregate of the Directors at large are thinking. And why is
this?

SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU DID NOT ADVISE YOUR REGIONAL DIRECTOR OR THE DIRECTORS AT
LARGE WHAT YOU WANTED!

It is time the members of this organization expressed their concern, their
interest and their desire for certain policies from the Office of the
President. You can do this only if you express your concerns to those that
actually elect the AERC President. YOUR DIRECTORS, REGIONAL AND AT LARGE!

Do you know who is interested in the position of AERC President? It takes a
great amount of devotion, time and financial capability to do a service to
this position. I feel that it is only responsible for any candidate to make
their position known to the membership

It is not to early to start asking questions of any possible candidates for
the Presidency of the AERC. It is not to early to start telling your
Directors what you think and what you want from the office of President. IT
IS GETTING VERY LATE FOR ANY PROSPECTIVE CANDIDATES TO STATE THEIR PLATFORM
FOR ELECTION! In the coming year do not bitch if you have not participated.

I know of only Jerry Furth as a candidate at this time. Are there any
others? Or will it be kept a big secret to surprise the membership with?

Bob Morris
Morris Endurance Enterprises
Boise, ID

---- End included message ----