THIS COLD IN VERMONT!!

> to stack> them up in a square-based pyramid next to the cannon. The top
level > of the> stack had one ball, the next level down had four, the
next had nine, > the next had sixteen, and so on. Four levels would
provide a stack of 30
> cannonballs.

John, you have no idea how familiar with this formation our horses are
around Chattanooga. Kaboot knows *exactly* how many should be in a stack.
We ride in the Chickamauga Military Park pretty often and there are lots
of cannons alongside the trail, some with big monuments that look like
stacks of cannon balls. Last year somebody stole the top ball off of a
stack that was right next to the trail. Kaboot had been trotting by that
thing for years but when he saw it *MISSING ONE* it was instant TERROR.
He stopped and his entire body expanded as his eyeballs went out on
stems, then we sort of sidepassed, backing with hit butt hitting the
brush till he got by the thing. Great for getting some high heart rates
on flatland. >g<

Angie
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.