Re: Re: New Magic/Scratches

> iodine. Ringworm, which is a true fungus, as I understand it is also
> sensitive to povidone iodine - but I never had to deal with that one.
Other

Ringworm is vanquished by the nolvasan/dmso/fulvicin type treatment.  It's
also susceptible to povidone iodine and it's very susceptible to strong
iodine (7%), tho' that will cause stinging.  When my Icelandic horse had a
bad case of ringworm, I read that the fungus spores can be active in the
soil for years and that horses that contract ringworm usually have a
compromised immune system.  I wonder if this is the case for certain types
of scratches that occur on endurance rides???  Maybe stress makes the horse
vulnerable to infection?

Michelle
(Colorado)