Re: Re: volunteering

Been too busy to read all of this thread, but just had to add my .02 worth, especially when I saw this.
TERA (Texas Endurance Riders Association) and most others in Central Region use the P&R Box just like the Southeast managers do. With this method, there is no reason for the rider to be concerned with 'counting seconds' as their time stops when they step through the gate into the box.

And TERA has Bo Parrish or Jerry Fagalde to help those newbies who have trouble catching the pulse on any 'hard to hear' equine. These two always tells the new pulse takers that if they have any trouble hearing the pulse to just get Bo or Jerry's attention.

This gate or box should become the norm across the country.... Then we wouldn't be hearing about those poor souls pressed into service and getting darts stared into the back of their necks.  :-)

Linda Parrish
Kennard, TX