volunteering

> was wondering if any one might have some advice for me concerning
volunteer etiquette and/or faux pas to be aware of. >Being a complete
newbie to the sport I'd hate to make some >ignorant mistake

I can tell you the dumbest thing I did. I'd just learned to take a pulse
and volunteered at a CT ride. They were walking those horses *slowly* in
from a 2 mile warning marker to get their P&R check. The horses were
probably at their resting pulses when they came in. I couldn't find a
couple of horse's pulses, but I throught I could "feel" it. I wrote "72"
on their cards. I realize now that I was feeling my own pulse. Bet they
wanted to kill me!

Angie
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.