Saddle Info??

Hello Ridecampers,

I have come across a used western style endurance saddle, and wonder if
anyone can tell me anything about it.   It has a leather tab that says
'The American'    801.   Is this the name of a saddle maker, or a model
of an established saddle maker?   This is quite a wide saddle, and has
fairly short panels.    If anyone knows anything about this saddle, I
would appreciate the information.   Thanks so much.

Helen McMaster,
Marmora, Ont.  Canada